Dog Days of Summer
Warm weather is right around the corner! Here in Georgia, we call it the “dog days of summer”. Your dog gets hot in these hot temperatures also.
Here are a few tips to keep your friend cool:
- Schedule walks and play-time during the morning or evening when temperatures are not so high.
- Avoid pavement
- If it burns your feet it will burn your pup’s paws also
- As a treat
- Freeze some fruit (blueberries, strawberries)
- Make sure there is plenty of cool water available for them to drink.
- We have Labradors, so there is nothing they love more than to swim in some cool water.